The beneficiary of a nut-and-bolt rotisserie build that was completed by the pros at Lucasville, Ohio's Newton's Paint & Body, this factory Super Sport coupe is founded on solid sheet metal that was completely stripped, married to fresh mini tubs and finished with a carefully relocated firewall. Not surprisingly, every seam on this main street king has been aligned to better-than-factory fit.
· Vivid House Of Kolor paint that dresses bright white base in Tangelo Pearl Shimrin and a coat of glossy clear.
Open the hood and you'll find 555 cubic inches of aluminum Donovan big block that twists a massive 658 horsepower into a whopping 820 lb./ft. of torque!
· Spectre-capped air cleaner to a lightweight aluminum intake that's wired with electronic fuel injection
· Aluminum Dart heads w/hydraulic lifters under polished billet breathers and colored valve covers
· MSD distributor jolts hot MSD Super Conductor Plug Wires
· Jet-Hot-coated headers.
· Polished alternator, water pump and AC compressor, spins a polished Billet Specialties Tru Trac accessory drive.
· Be Cool radiator and dual SPAL puller fans.
· Details include niceties like dressed hoses, polished brake components and a custom radiator closeout and a mirrored firewall, relocated a full three inches, anchors a smoothed and painted engine bay.
MOVES TO MATCH
· Twists torque through a proven Turbo-Hydramatic 400 3-speed, sourced directly from TCI w/Gear Vendors overdrive.
· That gearbox, tailored to a modified tunnel and a hooped crossmember, spins a narrowed Ford 9-inch that's finished with a posi-traction differential.
· Body-matched floors ride a powder-coated chassis, which is led by a TCI front-clip that's enhanced by manual rack-and-pinion steering.
· TCI 4-link plants spry coil-overs behind welded subframe connectors.
· Wilwood calipers squeezes a quartet of drilled and slotted rotors.
· 3-inch stainless exhaust pipes, which center an H-shaped crossover in front of polished Magnaflow mufflers.
· Liquid fossils float around a custom fuel tank.
· Power meets the pavement through custom Billet Specialties Rails, which spin 225/45ZR17 BF Goodrich g-Force T/As in front of 335/30ZR18 BF Goodrich g-Force T/As.
· Fully custom cockpit that wraps cool style around modern convenience.
· Leather-trimmed dash hangs sporty AutoMeter NV telemetry beside modern Clarion audio and a familiar Vintage Air control panel.
· Plush bucket seats, the rears retained thanks to carefully chosen mini tubs, frame a custom, full-length console that's built around a billet Hurst shifter and billet window switches.
· Console floats clean carpet, which complements a custom headliner and billet-trimmed side panels.
· Billet Specialties steering wheel around billet foot pedals and a polished, tilting column.
· And naturally, this Nova's trunk is just as nicely finished as its cockpit.
* Restoration photos